Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Vampire Diaries; Love Sucks




Recently a show that has been getting a lot of attention is The Vampire Diaries. I began to watch the show to help me write a feature length script about Vampires. At first I thought this show would be sappy like Twilight but actually its much edgier with a good and evil battle between Stefan a Vampire who has turned away from feeding on humans and his brother Damon who wants to suck the blood out every person. This rivalry between brothers is topped off with them fighting over Elena a teenage girl who resembles their lost love and a small town conspiracy that dates back to the Civil War.


From left to right Damon, Elena and Stefan, the three points on The Vampire Diaries' love triangle.

As far as the conflict between the brothers goes and the historical back story this show has me hooked but since the The Vampire Diaries is on The CW Network it has its teeny bopper moments like what could be found on Gossip Girl. On this show these moments exist in the form of a relationship between Elena's younger brother and this incredibly bitchy girl, Vicki. Honestly this relationship has nothing to do with the story arc and I have this strong desire to see Damon chow down on Vicki. Right now I can deal with this annoying plot device because the show is in the first season and but if it does not connect to the Vampire plot line soon, I might consider changing the channel.

Check out The Vampire Diaries Thursday at 8/7c on The CW or online if you love fanged creatures who lurk in the night and can stomach sappy teenage romance.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I can't stomach sappy teenage romance, but I can more than stomach your post about such.

Post a Comment